According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Join 1,383 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Press Release: ‘Bats’ Is A Hat-Trick For Playwright PhilRehearsals are well underway for Jávea Players’ latest production, Bats, which is the third play they have staged written by their resident playwright Phil Mansell. It will be presented at Jávea’s Casa de Cultura following a delicious tapas meal at … Continue reading →
- Another Production of ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’I’m pleased to say that a drama group in Cornwall will be presenting my spoof thriller ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ later this month. I found out when a member of the cast very kindly wrote to me … Continue reading →
- ‘Bats’ confirmed as Jávea Players’ Summer ShowI’m pleased to announce that I will be directing my play ‘Bats’ for the Jávea Players’ summer show at the Casa de Cultura in the heart of the old town. Further information on the poster below.
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books AddedI’ve recently added some more books to those I’ve published on Amazon. Please check them out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3APhil+Mansell&s=relevancerank&text=Phil+Mansell&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Inspired by Fish and Chips!For my latest children’s book I went back to my childhood in the back streets of Birmingham. I remembered going to buy my family’s fish and chip supper on a frosty autumn Friday night and queuing outside the shop with … Continue reading →
- Interviewed About Writing and Illustrating Children’s BooksI was recently asked by Bob James of Valley FM to go on his Sunday morning programme and talk about my latest children’s books. As these included illustrating Fiona Jennison’s new book ‘Tiny Teeth and Magical Creatures’ we were both … Continue reading →
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 12th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- First Lockdown Video: Some Enchanted EveningHere in Spain I’m now on Day 45 of the emergency lockdown regime implemented to stop the spread of the CoronaVirus (Covid-19). The need to self-isolate has curtailed many of the activities my wife and I enjoy doing – going … Continue reading →
- Press Release: ‘Bats’ Is A Hat-Trick For Playwright Phil
Tag Archives: slums
I recently did a radio interview with DJ Bob James of Valley FM in Orba, and we talked about a variety of things, including my new children’s book, ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’, my plays, illustrating books, … Continue reading