According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Join 1,526 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Phil Mansell: Words & Pictures
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintingsPlease check out my latest video on my YouTube channel:
- Press Release: ‘Bats’ Is A Hat-Trick For Playwright PhilRehearsals are well underway for Jávea Players’ latest production, Bats, which is the third play they have staged written by their resident playwright Phil Mansell. It will be presented at Jávea’s Casa de Cultura following a delicious tapas meal at … Continue reading →
- Another Production of ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’I’m pleased to say that a drama group in Cornwall will be presenting my spoof thriller ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ later this month. I found out when a member of the cast very kindly wrote to me … Continue reading →
- ‘Bats’ confirmed as Jávea Players’ Summer ShowI’m pleased to announce that I will be directing my play ‘Bats’ for the Jávea Players’ summer show at the Casa de Cultura in the heart of the old town. Further information on the poster below.
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books AddedI’ve recently added some more books to those I’ve published on Amazon. Please check them out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3APhil+Mansell&s=relevancerank&text=Phil+Mansell&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Inspired by Fish and Chips!For my latest children’s book I went back to my childhood in the back streets of Birmingham. I remembered going to buy my family’s fish and chip supper on a frosty autumn Friday night and queuing outside the shop with … Continue reading →
- Interviewed About Writing and Illustrating Children’s BooksI was recently asked by Bob James of Valley FM to go on his Sunday morning programme and talk about my latest children’s books. As these included illustrating Fiona Jennison’s new book ‘Tiny Teeth and Magical Creatures’ we were both … Continue reading →
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 12th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintings
Tag Archives: Amazon
New Play Set for World Première!
I’m pleased to report that my latest play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ has been lined up for its première later this year. Javea Players have given the two-act comedy spoof a slot in their Studio Theatre. The … Continue reading
Radio interview about my books, plays and artwork
I recently did a radio interview with DJ Bob James of Valley FM in Orba, and we talked about a variety of things, including my new children’s book, ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’, my plays, illustrating books, … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Amazon, art by Phil Mansell, Back to Back Books, Back to back housing, Birmingham, Bob James, children's books, Enid Blyton, illustration, Inspiration, JK Rowling, life story, oil painting, Phil Mansell, Quentin Blake, radio interview, self-publishing, slums, stage play, Stage Scripts, Uncle Mungo, Valley FM, Working Class Heroes Leave a comment
Creating a YouTube Channel to Promote my Uncle Mungo Book
I’ve been reading lots of stuff about how to promote your self-published paperback on Amazon. It’s a steep learning curve. One of the tools I’ve decided to use is YouTube. I’ve discovered (slightly to my surprise) that I already had … Continue reading
Uncle Mungo – the video.
I created the video below to promote my book ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’. Available in paperback from Amazon.
All Set to Publish!
I’m about to press the button to launch my first book on Amazon. It’s a moment filled with excitement and not a little trepidation. Just how did I get here? It all started about a year ago when I wrote a story … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged adventure, Amazon, artwork, children's books, drawing, how to self-publish, illustration, inspirational, Painting, plot, script, Scrivener, self publishing, Uncle Mungo, watercolour, writing Leave a comment
Coming Soon: Adventures in publishing with Amazon
I’m in the process of publishing my first book on Amazon – and it’s been quite a journey. I aim to write about my experiences in self-publishing and record some of the highs and lows of the process. Hopefully, this will … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Amazon, children's books, KDP, self publishing, writing 2 Comments
Writing about Top Secret Shenanigans
Surveillance, incompetence, blame and knife-throwing are just some of the themes running through my latest play to be published by Silver Moon. ‘A Clandestine Operation’ is set in a room where two men and their supervisor are keeping an eye … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged A Clandestine Operation, amateur theatre, Amazon, amdram, blame game, book cover, drama, film noire, interrogation, keyhole, knife-throwing, locked door, new writing, Phil Mansell, Plays by Phil Mansell, playwright, plot, Silvermoon Publishing, steampunk, surveillance Leave a comment
A fool’s errand…or a deadly trap?
I’ve just sent off another play to my publisher Silvermoon. ‘The Seventh Suitcase’ is a play I’ve been working on for some time. At last, I’m happy with it – and hope to direct it in the Studio at the … Continue reading