According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Join 1,526 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintingsPlease check out my latest video on my YouTube channel:
- Press Release: ‘Bats’ Is A Hat-Trick For Playwright PhilRehearsals are well underway for Jávea Players’ latest production, Bats, which is the third play they have staged written by their resident playwright Phil Mansell. It will be presented at Jávea’s Casa de Cultura following a delicious tapas meal at … Continue reading →
- Another Production of ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’I’m pleased to say that a drama group in Cornwall will be presenting my spoof thriller ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ later this month. I found out when a member of the cast very kindly wrote to me … Continue reading →
- ‘Bats’ confirmed as Jávea Players’ Summer ShowI’m pleased to announce that I will be directing my play ‘Bats’ for the Jávea Players’ summer show at the Casa de Cultura in the heart of the old town. Further information on the poster below.
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books AddedI’ve recently added some more books to those I’ve published on Amazon. Please check them out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3APhil+Mansell&s=relevancerank&text=Phil+Mansell&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Inspired by Fish and Chips!For my latest children’s book I went back to my childhood in the back streets of Birmingham. I remembered going to buy my family’s fish and chip supper on a frosty autumn Friday night and queuing outside the shop with … Continue reading →
- Interviewed About Writing and Illustrating Children’s BooksI was recently asked by Bob James of Valley FM to go on his Sunday morning programme and talk about my latest children’s books. As these included illustrating Fiona Jennison’s new book ‘Tiny Teeth and Magical Creatures’ we were both … Continue reading →
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 12th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintings
Tag Archives: amateur theatre
Rehearsals are well underway for Jávea Players’ latest production, Bats, which is the third play they have staged written by their resident playwright Phil Mansell. It will be presented at Jávea’s Casa de Cultura following a delicious tapas meal at … Continue reading
I’m pleased to announce that I will be directing my play ‘Bats’ for the Jávea Players’ summer show at the Casa de Cultura in the heart of the old town. Further information on the poster below.
Pleased to report that the world premiere of my new play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ was a sell-out success. I’ve added one of the reviews below. The play is currently with my publisher, Stage Scripts, but in … Continue reading
I’m pleased to report that my latest play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ has been lined up for its première later this year. Javea Players have given the two-act comedy spoof a slot in their Studio Theatre. The … Continue reading
Really pleased to have received confirmation from my publisher Stage Scripts that my play ‘Bats’ will be staged for the first time ever by Newtown Amateur Dramatic Society at the Powys Theatre from 5th-10th February 2018. ‘Bats’ is a black … Continue reading
I’m pleased to say that our local amdram group, Javea Players, have adopted me as their playwright in residence. This followed a recent, highly successful open day event where I had a stall featuring some of my plays and a … Continue reading
As one door opens… I was pleased to hear from the Endeavour Theatre Company in Australia who were keen to produce my play ‘According to Claudia’. This was welcome news after my publisher ceased trading due to ill health. Just … Continue reading
Surveillance, incompetence, blame and knife-throwing are just some of the themes running through my latest play to be published by Silver Moon. ‘A Clandestine Operation’ is set in a room where two men and their supervisor are keeping an eye … Continue reading