According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Join 1,526 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Phil Mansell: Words & Pictures
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintingsPlease check out my latest video on my YouTube channel:
- Press Release: ‘Bats’ Is A Hat-Trick For Playwright PhilRehearsals are well underway for Jávea Players’ latest production, Bats, which is the third play they have staged written by their resident playwright Phil Mansell. It will be presented at Jávea’s Casa de Cultura following a delicious tapas meal at … Continue reading →
- Another Production of ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’I’m pleased to say that a drama group in Cornwall will be presenting my spoof thriller ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ later this month. I found out when a member of the cast very kindly wrote to me … Continue reading →
- ‘Bats’ confirmed as Jávea Players’ Summer ShowI’m pleased to announce that I will be directing my play ‘Bats’ for the Jávea Players’ summer show at the Casa de Cultura in the heart of the old town. Further information on the poster below.
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books AddedI’ve recently added some more books to those I’ve published on Amazon. Please check them out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3APhil+Mansell&s=relevancerank&text=Phil+Mansell&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Inspired by Fish and Chips!For my latest children’s book I went back to my childhood in the back streets of Birmingham. I remembered going to buy my family’s fish and chip supper on a frosty autumn Friday night and queuing outside the shop with … Continue reading →
- Interviewed About Writing and Illustrating Children’s BooksI was recently asked by Bob James of Valley FM to go on his Sunday morning programme and talk about my latest children’s books. As these included illustrating Fiona Jennison’s new book ‘Tiny Teeth and Magical Creatures’ we were both … Continue reading →
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 12th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintings
Tag Archives: theatre
Proof That Writing Is Never Wasted
As a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged A play by Phil Mansell, animation, artwork, Artwork by Phil Mansell, drama, drawing, illustration, Inspiration, inspirational, Lockdown, nostalgia, Old writing, Painting, plot, Reading, script, surreal, theatre, writing Leave a comment
First Lockdown Video: Some Enchanted Evening
Here in Spain I’m now on Day 45 of the emergency lockdown regime implemented to stop the spread of the CoronaVirus (Covid-19). The need to self-isolate has curtailed many of the activities my wife and I enjoy doing – going … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged animation, artwork, create, drama, drawing, illustration, Inspiration, isolation, Javea Players, Lockdown, making videos, Painting, Phil Mansell, play-writing, Plays by Phil Mansell, plot, script, Some Enchanted Evening, soundtrack, theatre, video editing, writing, YouTube Leave a comment
Great review for my latest play!
Pleased to report that the world premiere of my new play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ was a sell-out success. I’ve added one of the reviews below. The play is currently with my publisher, Stage Scripts, but in … Continue reading
‘Bats’ Takes to the Stage Again
I was delighted to see that another amdram group is staging my one act play ‘Bats’. Hedgehog Productions have put on five productions of the play in three different venues in October 2018. This follows the very successful staging of … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged amdram, Bats by Phil Mansell, black comedy, drama, Hedgehog Productions, one act play, rehearsal, stage, Stage Scripts Ltd, strippergram, theatre Leave a comment
Premiere of ‘Bats’
Really pleased to have received confirmation from my publisher Stage Scripts that my play ‘Bats’ will be staged for the first time ever by Newtown Amateur Dramatic Society at the Powys Theatre from 5th-10th February 2018. ‘Bats’ is a black … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged amateur theatre, Bats by Phil Mansell, drama, Phil Mansell, stage play, Stage Scripts, theatre 1 Comment
Playwright in residence!
I’m pleased to say that our local amdram group, Javea Players, have adopted me as their playwright in residence. This followed a recent, highly successful open day event where I had a stall featuring some of my plays and a … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged amateur theatre, drama, Javea Players, new writing, Phil Mansell, playwright, Reading, script, stage play, theatre Leave a comment
A Hat Trick on Amazon!
Over the moon (to quote Micky the ex-gangster in one of my plays) to see three of my plays now available on Amazon. I’m really pleased with the way my publisher Silvermoon have handled this – and hope to send … Continue reading