According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Join 1,526 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Phil Mansell: Words & Pictures
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintingsPlease check out my latest video on my YouTube channel:
- Press Release: ‘Bats’ Is A Hat-Trick For Playwright PhilRehearsals are well underway for Jávea Players’ latest production, Bats, which is the third play they have staged written by their resident playwright Phil Mansell. It will be presented at Jávea’s Casa de Cultura following a delicious tapas meal at … Continue reading →
- Another Production of ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’I’m pleased to say that a drama group in Cornwall will be presenting my spoof thriller ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ later this month. I found out when a member of the cast very kindly wrote to me … Continue reading →
- ‘Bats’ confirmed as Jávea Players’ Summer ShowI’m pleased to announce that I will be directing my play ‘Bats’ for the Jávea Players’ summer show at the Casa de Cultura in the heart of the old town. Further information on the poster below.
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books AddedI’ve recently added some more books to those I’ve published on Amazon. Please check them out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3APhil+Mansell&s=relevancerank&text=Phil+Mansell&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Inspired by Fish and Chips!For my latest children’s book I went back to my childhood in the back streets of Birmingham. I remembered going to buy my family’s fish and chip supper on a frosty autumn Friday night and queuing outside the shop with … Continue reading →
- Interviewed About Writing and Illustrating Children’s BooksI was recently asked by Bob James of Valley FM to go on his Sunday morning programme and talk about my latest children’s books. As these included illustrating Fiona Jennison’s new book ‘Tiny Teeth and Magical Creatures’ we were both … Continue reading →
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 12th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- New video about my ‘Working Class Heroes’ paintings
Tag Archives: writing and re-writing
Great review for my latest play!
Pleased to report that the world premiere of my new play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ was a sell-out success. I’ve added one of the reviews below. The play is currently with my publisher, Stage Scripts, but in … Continue reading
New Play Set for World Première!
I’m pleased to report that my latest play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ has been lined up for its première later this year. Javea Players have given the two-act comedy spoof a slot in their Studio Theatre. The … Continue reading
Creating Characters Using Scrivener
As I’ve just had three stage plays made available on Amazon I thought it was time to share how I write plays – and indeed most things, including this blog. Quite simply, I use Scrivener. It’s the writing tool I … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged According To Claudia, amateur theatre, Amazon, amdram, Award-winner, Bunkered by Phil Mansell, creating characters, Dolman Theatre, drama, new writing, Newport Playgoers, Phil Mansell, playwright, plot, Poor Yorick by Phil Mansell, script, Scrivener, Silvermoon Publishing, stage play, Studio theatre, the stage, writing and re-writing, writing tips Leave a comment
A Hat Trick on Amazon!
Over the moon (to quote Micky the ex-gangster in one of my plays) to see three of my plays now available on Amazon. I’m really pleased with the way my publisher Silvermoon have handled this – and hope to send … Continue reading
My Play on Amazon!
Words can’t describe how I felt when my publisher emailed me to say that my play ‘According to Claudia’ was now on Amazon. I went online and, sure enough, there it was. It’s an amazing feeling. Now begins the job … Continue reading
‘Claudia’ Goes from Strength to Strength!
I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had a chance to update this blog so I’m desperately trying to catch up now. The good news is that not only did my play ‘According to Claudia’ have a successful run … Continue reading
‘Claudia’ comes to life!
So, we had the first rehearsal for my play ‘According to Claudia’ – good fun it was too. I couldn’t ask for a better cast. Angaharad Jones (Claudia), Karen Davies (Belle), Eloise Rossiter (Lucy), Paul Howells (Micky) Bob Brown (David). … Continue reading
First Rehearsal for ‘Claudia’ Draws near!
As the first rehearsal for ‘According to Claudia’ looms ever closer I thought it would be fun to post the ‘alternative’ photo of the cast’s first meeting. Nice to see that Karen is exhausted before we start and that Eloise … Continue reading