According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books AddedI’ve recently added some more books to those I’ve published on Amazon. Please check them out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3APhil+Mansell&s=relevancerank&text=Phil+Mansell&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Inspired by Fish and Chips!For my latest children’s book I went back to my childhood in the back streets of Birmingham. I remembered going to buy my family’s fish and chip supper on a frosty autumn Friday night and queuing outside the shop with … Continue reading →
- Interviewed About Writing and Illustrating Children’s BooksI was recently asked by Bob James of Valley FM to go on his Sunday morning programme and talk about my latest children’s books. As these included illustrating Fiona Jennison’s new book ‘Tiny Teeth and Magical Creatures’ we were both … Continue reading →
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 12th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- First Lockdown Video: Some Enchanted EveningHere in Spain I’m now on Day 45 of the emergency lockdown regime implemented to stop the spread of the CoronaVirus (Covid-19). The need to self-isolate has curtailed many of the activities my wife and I enjoy doing – going … Continue reading →
- Meet Arabella Saturday – the juggling star of my new Children’s BookI’ve just published my latest children’s book on Amazon. It’s available via this link. And here’s a video telling you all about it.
- Great review for my latest play!Pleased to report that the world premiere of my new play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ was a sell-out success. I’ve added one of the reviews below. The play is currently with my publisher, Stage Scripts, but in … Continue reading →
- New Play Set for World Première!I’m pleased to report that my latest play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ has been lined up for its première later this year. Javea Players have given the two-act comedy spoof a slot in their Studio Theatre. The … Continue reading →
- Pirates, Knees and Chips: New Children’s Books Added
Tag Archives: Poor Yorick by Phil Mansell
I’ve just sent off another play to my publisher Silvermoon. ‘The Seventh Suitcase’ is a play I’ve been working on for some time. At last, I’m happy with it – and hope to direct it in the Studio at the … Continue reading
As I’ve just had three stage plays made available on Amazon I thought it was time to share how I write plays – and indeed most things, including this blog. Quite simply, I use Scrivener. It’s the writing tool I … Continue reading