According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ PublishedI’m pleased to announce that my play ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun! is to be published and represented by Stage Scripts Ltd. It becomes my 11th play published by the company which represents playwrights and their work worldwide. … Continue reading →
- Turning An Old Poem Into YouTube VideoThe Lockdown here in Spain is thankfully coming to an end. While I’ve been confined to quarters I’ve taken the opportunity to learn some new skills and try to produce examples of “virtual theatre”, based on plays I’ve written, such … Continue reading →
- Proof That Writing Is Never WastedAs a writer, I’ve always believed that everything one produces is of some value. All writing has merit, if only to take you a little nearer your goal of producing something you’ll be proud of. Every time we write we … Continue reading →
- First Lockdown Video: Some Enchanted EveningHere in Spain I’m now on Day 45 of the emergency lockdown regime implemented to stop the spread of the CoronaVirus (Covid-19). The need to self-isolate has curtailed many of the activities my wife and I enjoy doing – going … Continue reading →
- Meet Arabella Saturday – the juggling star of my new Children’s BookI’ve just published my latest children’s book on Amazon. It’s available via this link. And here’s a video telling you all about it.
- Great review for my latest play!Pleased to report that the world premiere of my new play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ was a sell-out success. I’ve added one of the reviews below. The play is currently with my publisher, Stage Scripts, but in … Continue reading →
- New Play Set for World Première!I’m pleased to report that my latest play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ has been lined up for its première later this year. Javea Players have given the two-act comedy spoof a slot in their Studio Theatre. The … Continue reading →
- Radio interview about my books, plays and artworkI recently did a radio interview with DJ Bob James of Valley FM in Orba, and we talked about a variety of things, including my new children’s book, ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’, my plays, illustrating books, … Continue reading →
- Creating a YouTube Channel to Promote my Uncle Mungo BookI’ve been reading lots of stuff about how to promote your self-published paperback on Amazon. It’s a steep learning curve. One of the tools I’ve decided to use is YouTube. I’ve discovered (slightly to my surprise) that I already had … Continue reading →
- Uncle Mungo – the video.I created the video below to promote my book ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’. Available in paperback from Amazon.
- ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun’ Published
Tag Archives: stage
I was delighted to see that another amdram group is staging my one act play ‘Bats’. Hedgehog Productions have put on five productions of the play in three different venues in October 2018. This follows the very successful staging of … Continue reading
As one door opens… I was pleased to hear from the Endeavour Theatre Company in Australia who were keen to produce my play ‘According to Claudia’. This was welcome news after my publisher ceased trading due to ill health. Just … Continue reading
Over the moon (to quote Micky the ex-gangster in one of my plays) to see three of my plays now available on Amazon. I’m really pleased with the way my publisher Silvermoon have handled this – and hope to send … Continue reading
I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had a chance to update this blog so I’m desperately trying to catch up now. The good news is that not only did my play ‘According to Claudia’ have a successful run … Continue reading
So, we had the first rehearsal for my play ‘According to Claudia’ – good fun it was too. I couldn’t ask for a better cast. Angaharad Jones (Claudia), Karen Davies (Belle), Eloise Rossiter (Lucy), Paul Howells (Micky) Bob Brown (David). … Continue reading
As the first rehearsal for ‘According to Claudia’ looms ever closer I thought it would be fun to post the ‘alternative’ photo of the cast’s first meeting. Nice to see that Karen is exhausted before we start and that Eloise … Continue reading
It’s less than a week before rehearsals start for my play ‘According to Claudia’ – and I can hardly wait. At the moment, it looks like I’ll be assistant director to my wife Caroline – which probably means I’ll be … Continue reading
Well, the main auditions have been held and invitations have been sent out to the actors we’d like to be in the play. So, now it’s a case of waiting to hear if anyone actually wants to be in it! … Continue reading