According To ClaudiaWon the Award for Best Play presented by Gwent Drama LeagueJuly 6th, 2015Really pleased to have received this award!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New Play Set for World Première!I’m pleased to report that my latest play, ‘Look Out – He’s Got A Gun!’ has been lined up for its première later this year. Javea Players have given the two-act comedy spoof a slot in their Studio Theatre. The … Continue reading →
- Radio interview about my books, plays and artworkI recently did a radio interview with DJ Bob James of Valley FM in Orba, and we talked about a variety of things, including my new children’s book, ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’, my plays, illustrating books, … Continue reading →
- Creating a YouTube Channel to Promote my Uncle Mungo BookI’ve been reading lots of stuff about how to promote your self-published paperback on Amazon. It’s a steep learning curve. One of the tools I’ve decided to use is YouTube. I’ve discovered (slightly to my surprise) that I already had … Continue reading →
- Uncle Mungo – the video.I created the video below to promote my book ‘Uncle Mungo and the Great Wallaby Painting Contest’. Available in paperback from Amazon.
- Paintings now onlineI’ve finally got around to updating my artwork page and have uploaded a selection of the oil paintings I have completed over the last 12 months, along with some preparatory sketches. (All my work is for sale by the way … Continue reading →
- All Set to Publish!I’m about to press the button to launch my first book on Amazon. It’s a moment filled with excitement and not a little trepidation. Just how did I get here? It all started about a year ago when I wrote a story … Continue reading →
- Coming Soon: Adventures in publishing with AmazonI’m in the process of publishing my first book on Amazon – and it’s been quite a journey. I aim to write about my experiences in self-publishing and record some of the highs and lows of the process. Hopefully, this will … Continue reading →
- ‘Bats’ Takes to the Stage AgainI was delighted to see that another amdram group is staging my one act play ‘Bats’. Hedgehog Productions have put on five productions of the play in three different venues in October 2018. This follows the very successful staging of … Continue reading →
- Painting the ‘Working Class Heroes’ of my childhoodAfter years of doing funny scribbles with a watercolour wash I’ve finally got into painting with oils. As always, it’s people – rather than landscapes or still life – that interest me, and so I’ve set about creating a series … Continue reading →
- Premiere of ‘Bats’Really pleased to have received confirmation from my publisher Stage Scripts that my play ‘Bats’ will be staged for the first time ever by Newtown Amateur Dramatic Society at the Powys Theatre from 5th-10th February 2018. ‘Bats’ is a black … Continue reading →
- New Play Set for World Première!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As I mentioned in my blog about my art, I have taken a break from writing plays and set myself the challenge of writing an adventure story aimed at pre-teens (or Middle Grade fiction, as it is often known). I … Continue reading
The news of the death of magician Paul Daniels reminded me of the time I took his photo – and managed to capture the moment he astounded a member of the public. It was back in 2008 when I was … Continue reading
Amazing the power of social media. Yesterday I wrote my blog about how the late Sir George Martin turned down my band, The BOI, and sent out a tweet about it. Next thing I know a reporter from the local … Continue reading
The death of Beatles producer George Martin marks the end of an era. He was as much a part of the Fab Fours’ legend as the lads themselves. Hard to imagine anyone else being able to take the sounds they … Continue reading
As a break from writing plays, I recently had an idea for a book for children in the 9 – 12 age range. I’d stumbled across a website about Enid Blyton and it reminded me of how much I enjoyed … Continue reading